.
THE PCC ERA IN DETROIT
PCC streetcar #201 is northbound on Woodward Avenue along the center median private right-of-way,
between Savannah and Nevada streets, across from Detroit's Palmer Park in 1955.
GGG
The President's Conference Committee streetcar (better known as the PCC) was the
last style streetcar to operate along the streets of Detroit.  The Detroit PCC fleet
operated from 1947 until 1956, the year streetcar service in Detroit was discontinued.
The articles listed on this page will look at the era of the PCC streetcar in Detroit.
(Please click-on the following links below)
For Comments and/or Suggestions, Please contact Site Owner at: admin@detroittransithistory.info
.
.
.
PRE-D.S.R. YEARS
_________
SITE DIVISIONS
_________
HORSE-CAR ERA
THE PINGREE YEARS
THE D.U.R. YEARS
CITY TAKE-OVER
D.S.R. YEARS
D-DOT YEARS
FLEET PHOTOS
FLEET ROSTERS
P.C.C. ERA
ROUTE HISTORY
TRANSIT VIDEOS
MISCELLANEOUS
OLD DETROIT
NOTE: HITTING "REFRESH"
ON YOUR BROWSER
SHOULD BRING UP A MORE
CURRENT VERSION OF THIS
PAGE FOR RECENT VISITORS.
© 2006  (PAGE LAST UPDATED  07-04-10)
.
.
A look back at the History of Public Transportation in and around the City of Detroit.
..
_________
Counter
VIDEO CLIP ADDED 7-12-09
(C. Foreman photo)
_________
(R) = Denotes older pages reformatted to improve page layout issues