However, the shuttle bus would again be resurrected on March 22, 1942, when the Highland Park Branch
of the Baker
rail line was discontinued to allow for the construction of the new Davison Expressway
in Highland Park. That service would be replaced by the new Davison Shuttle Rail Bus
, which operated via Manchester, Oakland and Davison to Jos. Campau. (NOTE: "Rail Buses" were buses that traveled streetcar routes but charged the 6¢ rail fare instead of the 10¢ bus fare. However, all rail buses — including the Davison Shuttle — became regular bus routes on Jan. 1, 1946, when the rail fare was raised to equal the 10¢ bus fare)
On Feb. 14, 1949, the Davison Shuttle was extended east of Jos. Campau for the first time, via Davison, Mt. Elliott, and Nevada to Van Dyke, after the remaining Baker streetcar operation along Davison was discontinued. Beginning April 1, 1954, the west-end of the Davison Shuttle was rerouted, and now left the Woodward Loop via Manchester and John R. to Davison (eastbound), but still returned via Oakland and Manchester (westbound).
A September, 1950, DSR route analysis summary shows that the Davison Shuttle operated 24-hour service, with headways averaging 4-6 minutes. Service was assigned out of the Woodward Terminal in Highland Park, with 10-14 small-size buses used during peak-hours, four during the base, and two used for late-night "owl" service. When the Woodward Terminal closed in October 1955, the route was transferred to the Highland Park Terminal next door.
Unfortunately, when the DSR began to cut service during the 1960s, the Davison line became one of the first casualties. Effective July 7, 1966, the Davison Shuttle was discontinued and the Chene bus line was extended east via Davison, Mt. Elliott and Nevada to Van Dyke.